Search This Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2009

An ODE to a post rained morning.


I woke up today and was surprised,
to find my room engulfed in a sea of red.
I wondered and looked around,
trying to find an apt reason,
it was none other than the mighty sky,
making party lights early morning,
dashed i did, to the terrace,
I looked up and saw this:-

Clouds massive, with a tint of grey,
that across the blue sky lay,

the sun sly at one corner, peeking,
from all pores that the clouds above flying

had failed too cover. Upon the sky
was thus a red dye,

that encaptured my heart and its beat.
Ah ! the bliss! a feeling so sweet.

I had no words to exclaim,
the masterpiece had left me lame.

Parts where clouds left the sky to see,
was striking blue, wondered if it really could be.

It had rained all night as i slept
deaf to the sizzle cause in my dreams I was kept,

Crows I saw sitting on the wire,
with streaks of soaked standing feathers, like skin on fire.

The cloud, busying herself with a puppet show,
puttin up with all kinds of shapes man would know.

The day had to be followed by a downpour,
blowing away gloom, sorrow and feelings sour,

It was a beautiful Good Morning,
I did have on that unforgettable morning......


1 comment:

  1. This poem is so easyflowing and beautiful-I can picture that raindrenched morn glowing in ethereal red!
    It's the simple things which always make us happy!

    ReplyDelete